With the exception of Greek passports and visas, all other consular services, including certificates, can be provided also  by the Greek Honorary Consulates in UK. Click on Contact us to find out which Greek Consular Office has jurisdiction for your area of residence. For the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in London, you need to book an appointment before appearing in person, and you can do that by clicking  ---> Here .

    For the fee for these consular services  --->  Please Click Here

    To book an appointment please click --->  Here

      Quick  Link 
    Penal Record Certificate

    All relevant correspondence regarding appointments is carried out solely through emails. Please, regularly check your emails as well as your spam folder in order to avoid cancellation of your appointment.

    Please Pay Attention to This --->   All public documents issued by British Authorities which will be used and submitted by you to Greek Authorities as evidence for your business / case, should be legalized with the Apostille stamp.  You get a UK public document legalized by asking the UK government to confirm that a UK public official's signature, stamp or seal on a document is genuine.  Click here ---> Get a document Legalized for information regarding the procedure to legalize your document.

    Greek Consular Authorities abroad can issue certificates, among others, for the following purposes:

    Please read carefully
    Greek Consular Authorities abroad, no longer issues certificates of permanent resident abroad for double taxation avoidance. In compliance with the Greek Law 3943/2011 “About Combating Tax Evasion”, for the income gained abroad, the tax payers need to submit to the relevant Tax Office in Greece, an income statement and a certificate of the relevant foreign (British) Authority  Please click HERE (Greek only) for information regarding the procedure and the required documents.   

      Exemption from banking account interest tax on accounts in foreign currencies
      To issue the certificate, you must provide the following :
      - Valid passport.
      - Proof of residence and work in the UK for at least 2 consecutive years: pay slips, P60’s, bank statements ( monthly ), council tax, utility bills, lease agreement or residence ownership ( originals and photocopies ) .

      If such a certificate has been issued before, the applicant needs to provide the previous certificate as well as documents covering the period of time up to the date of issuance of the certificate.
      If all the required documents are provided, the certificate will be issued on the same day.

      To issue this certificate, in case the relevant social security authorities in Greece request it, the following are requested : 
      - The physical presence of the applicant
      - Passport or Greek ID card
      - Greek Social Security Number
      - Official document of a British Authority or Agency, stating the applicant’s address details.

      Your original documents will be kept at the Consular Office, as supporting documents for your application file. If you need these documents back, you may provide the Consular Office with photocopies of the originals.
      If all the required documents are provided, the certificate will be issued on the same day. 
    From 1 April 2014, the Greek Consular Authorities do not accept applications for Penal Records Certificates. The applicant, whether a Greek citizen or a foreigner, should make the request directly by himself  or through a representative, from the competent authorities in Greece which are:
    For applicants born in Greece, the First Instance Court of the city of birth
    For applicants born abroad, the Penal Records Department of the Ministry of Justice.