Moving Residence to Greece
For the fee for this consular service ---> Please Click Here
To book an appointment please click ---> Here
|With the exception of Greek passports and visas, all other consular services, including moving residence to Greece, can be provided also by the Greek Honorary Consulates in UK. Click on Contact us to find out which Greek Consular Office has jurisdiction for your area of residence. For the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in London, you need to book an appointment before appearing in person, and you can do that by clicking ---> Here .
All relevant correspondence regarding appointments is carried out solely through emails. Please, regularly check your emails as well as your spam folder in order to avoid cancellation of your appointment.
CERTIFICATE FOR DOMICILE TRANSFER EXEMPTION
Individuals (citizens of any European Union member state, Greek citizens or persons married to a Greek citizen) who are residents abroad and wish to settle permanently in Greece, are entitled to an exemption from import taxation on their personal belongings (furniture, car e.t.c.).
Permanent residence is the place where an individual is a resident for at least 185 days in a twelve month period and where he holds personal and professional bonds.
The right for domicile transfer exemptions is founded on proof of residence and work of the applicant himself or his family, for the last two years before settling in Greece:
- Personal Statement (to be filled at the Consulate)
- Passport or Identity Card
- P60 or Self Assessment documents for the last two years before settling in Greece and certificate of termination of work (P45).
- Council Tax receipts for the last 2 years before settling in Greece for either self owned property or a leasing agreement.
- Public Utility bills
In special cases other documents may be requested as proof of holding close bonds with the place of residence.
In case a private use car, motorbike or motorcycle, pleasure boat or private aircraft are transported, documents proving the full and exclusive ownership of the vehicle for a period of at least six months before the application date are required, as well as:
- Registration license of the vehicle in the name of the applicant issued by the relevant British authority (DVLA e.t.c.) covering a period of at least six months before the application date.
- Driver’s license valid for the above mentioned period.
The application for the certificate for domicile transfer exemptions may also be submitted to the relevant E3 directorate of the MFA in Greece.
For the fee for this Consular Service ---> Please Click Here
To book an appointment please ---> click HERE